Translate

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

My First Photo With the National Flag

I think this is the first time I have taken a photo with the national flag behind me. As you can see, it's the national flag of Republic of Indonesia. I wanted to post this photo on 17 August, 2024 to commemorate 79th Independence Day of Indonesia, but I forgot. 🇮🇩🇮🇩🇮🇩

Taken on Wednesday, 21 August, 2024 at with Samsung Galaxy A05s.

This is not my best look. I don't really like this photo, I didn't wear a tie that time and also my shirt collar is too wide. However, I want to have an official portrait like a public official or politician. I don't want to say this photo as an official portrait.

Hmm, maybe one day i can be a public official or politician? Hehe, that day will come, but definitely not here. Yes, representing my constituents and also solving issues that I know. Even though I also follow the party platform, I will always put the country over the party.

With this post I also want people to know that I am still a citizen, law-abiding citizen, of the Republic of Indonesia. Saying this does not mean being nationalistic, but being patriotic. I will say that I'm a patriotic but higher above that, internationalism. 🇺🇳🇺🇳🇺🇳

We, humans, live in the same world. All humans need each other. Humans should unite across national, political, cultural, racial, or class boundaries. Especially nationalism, don't let it limit you. Oue true nationality is humanity. Internationalism unites us all.

Internationalism also means that we must always be connected to each other. Our interconnectivity saves all of us. Especially now, we have the internet, since 1991. That's also why I will always support the United Nations. The existence of United Nations is a must.

The photo in this article was first published on my Instagram account on Wednesday, 21 August, 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say it, don't be shy.