Translate

Monday, August 12, 2024

Adieu, Françoise Hardy, tu es mon inspiration

If there is an artist I feel sad when she dies, it's only been one so far, she was Françoise Hardy. When I heard the news of Hardy's death, I was really sad. She is very inspiring to me, she is one of my reasons to learn about French culture and French language. 

Françoise Hardy, 1965.

Françoise was a French cultural icon, especially in the music industry. During her more than 60 years of musical career since 1962, she had released 32 albums to her listeners. She was also one of the leading figures of yé-yé movement. She was also an actress, astrologer, and writer.

Her musical style was unique to me, while most of her songs were melancholic and plaintive, that's why I like her, very touching my feelings. She was the beginning of me knowing more about French songs and also other singers like France Gall and Sylvie Vartan.

I also adore her fashion style which is also one of the things that has made her as an icon. She was a trendsetter, a muse, and a chic. She was like the blueprint for the 'french girl' style. Her style was effortless but yet so attractive and appealing, I love it. 

She was born on 17 January, 1944 and died on 11 June, 2024 at the age of 80. There's a lot I want to say about her but at least you know how I feel about her. Her legacy and influence is very big and will last for a long time, especially for those who love French culture.

Merci Françoise Hardy, je t'aime, j'aime tes œuvres, j'aime ta personnalité. Tu étais très différent des autres artistes de ton époque et même jusqu'à maintenant. Même si tu déprécie parfois tes propres œuvres, les gens t'aiment. Je veux être comme toi aussi. Reposez en paix. 🕊️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just say it, don't be shy.